|Program area(s) and general summary||Coordinate CIRC’s civic engagement program that consists of two major phases: 1) citizenship initiative to support eligible residents to apply for naturalization (strong focus from January to May); and 2) voter registration, voter education, and voter mobilization to have strong presence and impact in elections (June to November).|
|Reports to||Managing Director|
The “What” The Field Coordinator will support CIRC’s civic and voter engagement program that consists of two major phases: 1) citizenship initiative to support eligible residents to apply for naturalization (primary focus from January to May); and 2) voter registration, voter education, and voter mobilization to have strong presence and impact in elections (June to November). CIRC’s citizenship initiative will work in partnership with multiple members and partners to carry out naturalization activities to support eligible Coloradans to apply for naturalization. The activities range from small and large-scale workshops to site-based clinics and individual assistance. The citizenship program is closely aligned with and supported by CIRC’s national partner on citizenship and integration: the National Partnership for New Americans (NPNA) and will support our members and partners in building naturalization capacity across the state. Oversee on-the-ground operations for Citizenship Program (strong focus from January to May).
- Coordinate and support several large citizenship workshops. Roles include:
- Answering and responding to registration hotline calls and other workshop communications;
- Conduct pre-screen registration calls with prospective participants to ensure workshop eligibility;
- Maintain and update all database records for each workshop;
- Manage all logistics of citizenship workshops;
- Manage and recruit volunteers for citizenship workshops and other tasks as applicable, such as registration hotline, pre-screen interviews, and communications;
- Support Communications Coordinator in maintaining partnerships with Entravision Univision and AILA and advance strategies for expanding pro-bono legal capacity in CO.
- Support in maintaining relations with other citizenship and naturalization providers in Colorado.
- Serve as point of contact with NPNA, CIRC’s national citizenship partner.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet campaign’s needs.
Support civic engagement campaign to support voter registration, voter education and voter mobilization in elections (strong focus June to November):
- Support the integration of newly naturalized citizens into voter registration and voter education programs.
- Coordinate civic engagement/movement building training in early summer to achieve training and capacity building to launch the statewide voter registration and mobilization campaign.
- Support the hiring and training of canvassers to run local voter engagement capacity building programs.
- Help represent CIRC at collaborative and federated program tables, including Colorado Civic Engagement Roundtable, America Votes, Coloradans for Citizenship Now, and/or others as formed.
- Help liaison with CIRC’s national civic and voter engagement partners, including NPNA, FIRM/CCC.
- Maintain and grow CIRC’s database of supporters and integrate fully with the Voter Activation Network (VAN),
- Ensure that civic and voter engagement goals and strategies are integrated and aligned with the priority campaigns.
- Support with grassroots fundraising and foundation grant reports/narratives related to civic engagement.
Member of Staff Team Committed to Collective and Collaborative Grassroots Fundraising
- Achieve annual individual/team fundraising goals that all CIRC staff participates in.
- Support the Development and Finance Team with the citizenship and voter engagement aspects of development and fundraising plans.
Member of Staff Team Committed to Anti-Oppression
- All staff members are expected to be active participants in CIRC’s internal anti-oppression and inclusivity efforts to make progress toward a vision of an organizational culture that reflects the values/principles that we are fighting for in the world.
- Strategic thinking: Ability to analyze context and develop organizing campaigns that build power in the region.
- Organizational skills: Ability to coordinate and support the various moving components of coalition and campaigns.
- Strong communication: Maintain effective coordination and relations with members, staff, and stakeholders.
- Teamwork and collaboration: Flexibility, willingness, and ability to work collectively with diverse individuals and organizations.
- 100% follow-through: Stay on top of all specific tasks/follow-up items and general areas of work; consistently meet deadlines.
Travel and Flexible Hours This job requires flexibility to work some evenings and weekends for membership activities and regional and statewide gatherings. Regional travel is required and mileage reimbursement will be provided. Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and/or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org